January 1, 2013

Vivir para bloguearlo: Valencia Expat/Travel Blogger Meeting

It is a brand new year, 2013 ("20" and "13" happen to be my lucky numbers!) and the very first thing I wanted to tell you all is that some friends and I are hosting a Valencia Blogger Meeting for any expat and travel bloggers interested in joining us.

Last fall Chic Soufflé and I were really happy to learn that our longtime friends from the fantastic dormant blog, Hola Valencia, and the current travel blog, For 91 Days, would be in town for a while to recharge their batteries. We are taking advantage of their stay to invite any and all of you in the blogosphere or #twitterverse to please join us on:

Saturday, January 26th 
at (Spanish) lunchtime (i.e. 2PM)
at Spaghetti & Blues (on the Patacona beach).

[We've reserved a table in the covered patio.
Ask at the desk for the table of "blogueros" with "Zach".]

The title of this entry is inspired by the Spanish saying, "vivir para contarlo" ("living to tell the tale"), or maybe by the Gabriel García Márquez autobiography's titled pun on the expression, "Vivir para contarla" (2002). How many of you bloggers out there in Valencia, or thereabouts (Costa Blanca, anyone?), or within a short AVE train ride away (yes, all of you bloggers in Madrid, too!)... How many of you sometimes feel like you are living your expat or traveller's tale so as to blog about it?

Do you have a tendency to share too much everything online?

Well, then come join us in Valencia on January 26th to meet some other people who "live to tell the tale" of their expat musings on cross-cultural encounters in Spain or those people who we all envy and hate who manage to actually travel the world and the seven seas and write about it.

Here is a final list of our confirmed bloggers/tweeple participants:

Please post a comment below, email me, or tweet to me at my Twitter account, if you'd like to join us. I'll update this page with more logistical details as it gets nearer.

Happy New Year!

My wife saw this, laughed, and said it reminded her of me.
I don't know what she's talking about!

___________________

Success! The Jan. 26th blogger's lunch was fun, 
and here's a picture of the group:


... enjoying Birra & Blues brewed beer ...


Good times!
___________________

14 comments:

Tumbit - Mr Grumpy said...

Sadly the 'Day Job' has me posted in Germany for the week. Next time maybe ?

An American Spaniard said...

Mr. Grumpy, I'm sorry to hear that, but I was already skeptical that I could get you to enter the city limits of Valencia, after reading your post about your last visit here.

One day we'll meet, though we'll probably regret it when we do. ;-)

Cassandra said...

The meet-up sounds like a great idea to come together, network, and share. If I were closer I would join you guys!

An American Spaniard said...

Hi Cassanda! That's too bad, but I understand. There are a handful of bloggers throughout Spain, and particularly in Madrid, that I'm secretly wishing will surprise me and join us. I would love to meet you and several others who are based there! This was why we went with the lunchtime meeting, to fit an AVE ride from Madrid. But I know that, even so, it's not convenient.

Still, to paraphrase a line from Mao: "Let a thousand flowers bloom." Maybe you can initiate a similar blogger's meeting in Madrid. Then I can wish I were there to join you guys ;-)

Cassandra said...

Aw, thanks Zach!

You'll have to keep us updated on the event; I'd love to know how the day goes, plus it will be helpful should we Madrid bloggers rally our troops.

Emilio J said...

We want to go to the meeting.

@EmiliojPerez
@JustLikeHomeVLC

Regards
Emilioj

An American Spaniard said...

Emilio,

Sounds great! Do I put you down as one or two people attending? I need to know since we're reserving a table. (I'll tweet you this, too.)

I look forward to meeting you soon!

Best,
Zach

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the invite on my blog! This sounds super awesome, as I am a "new" blogger. I will unfortunately still be in Gandía taking my spanish course, so won't be able to make it. Perhaps another time!

An American Spaniard said...

Leslieqn13 (or is it Nguyen?), I understand. Good luck with the course, and with settling in here in Spain! Once the weather warms up, I imagine you are very much going to enjoy Gandía.

Mark said...

I'd love to be in Spain right now. Being in the Pacific NW, it's pretty cold and grey here.

Have a blast at the meeting!

An American Spaniard said...

Hi Mark! This week it's been pretty cold and grey here in most of Spain. (Many an expat or visitor is surprised to discover that it gets quite cold and wet in much of Spain for much of the year, and in all of Spain at some point in the winter... though Valencia certainly doesn't compete with the Pacific NW.)

Expat in Valencia said...

What a great idea to have a bloggers' lunch! Looks like it was tons of fun. I only just discovered your website and thus missed the lunch ... will there be another lunch anytime soon?

An American Spaniard said...

Hi Expat in Valencia, We'll probably do another bloggers meeting sometime, but after Fallas. Right now the city is afire, so to speak, with crowds and activities. Maybe in April or May. Stay tuned! And thanks for reading!

ibbsquinton said...

Hey
I've just found this post, such a great idea! I'd love the idea of doing another blogger meetup :) Please count me in for the future.
x

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...